Culture.si Content Reuse/Worldwide Events Listings
A selected listing of upcoming exhibitions, films, plays, concerts, performances, readings, residencies, and other events and activities involving Slovene artists and researchers abroad. A unique source of information, which offers a preview of future events around the world and a growing archive of international activity in the field of arts and culture.
Events organisers and producers are encouraged to send us their events for inclusion in our listings. In addition to posting your events on Culture.si, you can post the Culture.si data feed on your own website. This document explains how.
The events archive can be filtered:
- by year (since 2010)
- by country (currently 70 countries)
- by discipline (e.g. theatre, visual arts, film, design, education, intangible heritage, etc.).
First, we use the following criteria in selecting events to be listed: - events organised by Slovene producers, featuring professional art and artists; - participation at international festivals; - contributions by Slovene researchers at international conferences related to arts & culture; - selected public events organised by Slovene embassies (cultural weeks, events at notable venues)
The Culture.si worldwide events listings do NOT cover: - closed events that are not accessible to the wider public; - amateur cultural events; - small-scale events of the Slovene community abroad; - regular events of Slovene language university departments abroad; - past events (although all future events become part of our searchable archive of events).
Reusing our data
There are various ways you can reuse the events listings data for your needs: - filter and export data in the upcoming events as well as archives - the Worldwide Events Listings can also be furnished with free images from the Culture.si database or with sections of articles about producers or art groups.
Examples of RSS:
Although there is currently no example of the “Worldwide Events” as an RSS feed, the following links show other examples of how our data is shared to other portals:
- links to articles from the Culture.si Theatre chapter at the Sigledal portal
- Sigledal Info Point (center - below)
- links to Festivals in Slovenia at the Slovene cultural centre SKICA in Vienna
- Skica webpage (below - right column))
1 - name of event, context 2 - featured artist(s), researcher(s), producer(s)/art group(s) (connected to Culture.si database) 3 - date of event (start & end date) 4 - venue(s) 5 - city 6 - country 7- web link to event programme ! (organiser, venue web page) - preferably in English; All seven pieces of information are obligatory for the event announcement.
Please send us information about your international event ASAP! Send information to culture.si editorial. For more info, please contact Anja Mrak, Culture.si worldwide events editor at
Producers - national and municipal cultural institutions or non-governmental cultural organisations with an international programme
- Embassies and consulates (Newsletters)
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Ministry of Culture
- Agencies - Slovenian Book Agency (JAK), Slovenian Film Centre (SFC)
- Cultural Contact Point Slovenia (CCP), Media Desk Slovenia
- Media (newspapers, TV (e.g. MMC portal))
- Web sources - international cultural portals (Culturenet.hr)