The Radovljica Mansion was rebuilt in Baroque style by the Counts of Thurn-Valsassina, who owned the manor in the period 1618–1840. The façade of the building is richly stuccoed, and the south-western portal is accentuated with strongly schematised busts of the count's family. Some sections of the adjacent French-modelled Baroque park (once known to locals as "paradise") which once belonged to the manor have been preserved.
The museum gathers, preserves, and documents movable cultural heritage on the left bank of the Sava River in Municipality of Radovljica. The museum cooperates with different institutions (the Institute for the Protection of Cultural Heritage of Slovenia, Kranj Regional Office, the Institute of the Republic of Slovenia for Nature Conservation, Kranj, the Historical Archives Ljubljana: Gorenjska Unit, Kranj) and associations (the Slovene Museum Society, the Association of Slovene Museums, the International Council of Museums (ICOM), Slovenia, etc.). It houses a museum library, organises lectures, workshops, and smaller exhibitions, and takes part in Linhart Encounter. The exhibitions are accompanied by catalogues.
The material is organised into 3 principal exhibitions. The first, Anton Tomaž Linhart and the 18th Century, upgraded in 2006 as part of a cooperative project between the Radovljica Municipality Museums and the National Theatre Museum of Slovenia, contains documents, facsimile materials and photographs on the life and work of Anton Tomaž Linhart (1756–1795), who was a native of Radovljica. The exhibition Old Town Centre of Radovljica is about the development of Radovljica's old town and Locations on the Left Bank of the Sava River in the Municipality of Radovljica reveals the region's development and inhabitants.
Besides the permanent exhibition on Anton Tomaž Linhart, the museum also organises temporary exhibitions, such as the 2009 exhibition on Dyers in Radovljica in the 18th Century.