Slovenian Cinematheque Museum Department

From Culture.si
Revision as of 01:31, 23 March 2021 by Editor (talk | contribs)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)





Contact
Download this image



Muzejski oddelek Slovenske kinoteke

Metelkova 2, SI-1000 Ljubljana


Phone

386 (0) 1 434 2505

Fax

386 (0) 1 434 2516

Ženja Leiler Kos, Director







Špela Čižman, Head of Museum Department







Slovenian Cinematheque 2000 Fritz Lang - Sculptures catalogue.jpgTwo sculptures that Fritz Lang created in Ljutomer in 1915 were presented in 2000 in Ljubljana and Venice, also in Berlin and Madrid. A catalogue for the Venice exhibition that presented also Fritz Lang's sculptures from the year 1915.

The Slovenian Cinematheque Museum Department is one of the four departments of the Slovenian Cinematheque and its roots go back to 1973 when the Film Museum was established by the Association of Slovenian Filmmakers (in 1979 it merged with the Theatre Museum into the Slovene Theatre and Film Museum) and was integrated in the Slovenian Cinematheque in 1996. Its main tasks are to systematically collect and assess exhibits of importance for the history of Slovene cinema and to document Slovene film production. The department initiated the Ita Rina Museum at Škratelj Homestead in Divača. In collaboration with the Municipality of Divača the Museum Department renovated the homestead in 2011 and expanded it to the Museum of Slovenian Film Actors.

Four sculptures – two flower pots and two busts of Bacchus – created in 1915 by the world-renown film-maker Fritz Lang (1890–1976), discovered in Eastern Slovenia no earlier than in the 80s, undoubtedly represent the highlights of the collection. The sculptures were presented in Berlin, Venice (2000) and La Coruña (2008), revealing the importance of sculpture in Lang's films.


Collections

The Slovenian Cinematheque inherited its collection related to Slovene film history from the Slovene Theatre and Film Museum, which was split between the National Theatre Museum of Slovenia and the Slovenian Cinematheque during the late 1990s.

The department's inventory is diverse and divided into different collections: technical items, photographs, manuscripts, screenplays and shooting scripts, drawings, costumes, posters and leaflets, publications and museum objects related to Slovene cinema.


Fritz Lang's sculptures

Fritz Lang's sculptures were discovered in the 1980s in Slovenia, and are considered his only preserved fine arts work. Lang, who enrolled in architecture and painting studies in Vienna and Paris in his youth, tried his hand at the local pottery workshop in Ljutomer, Eastern Slovenia, where he attended school for reserve officers during World War I. The young artist and his sculpture work are documented on a photograph signed by Lang and sent from Vienna to his Ljutomer host, the lawyer Dr. Karol Grossmann (1864–1929), who also is the pioneer of Slovene cinema (in 1905 he shot the first images of Slovene cinema).

Exhibitions and publishing

In addition to exhibitions of documents and objects from the collections, the museum department presents displays accompanying film festivals or cooperates with museum institutions abroad. It systematically presents the legacy of the distinguished film workers such as Silvan Furlan (film critic, theoretician and founder of the Slovenian Cinematheque), Boštjan Hladnik (director), Polde Bibič (actor), Bojan Adamič (composer), Ivan Marinček (cinematographer), Niko Matul (production designer), and many others, among them the Badjura Award recipients.

Several catalogues and other publications have been prepared in cooperation with the Slovenian Cinematheque Research and Publishing Department, for example, the catalogue Fritz Lang – Sculpture / Cinema in the Slovene Painting of the Twenties for the exhibition presented in 2004 at the A+A Gallery, Venice.


See also

External links

Gallery

Muzejski oddelek Slovenske kinoteke +
+386 / 1 434 2516 +
Muzejski oddelek Slovenske kinoteke +
SI-1000 Ljubljana +
Metelkova 2 +
The Slovenian Cinematheque Museum DepartmentThe Slovenian Cinematheque Museum Department is one of the four departments of the Slovenian Cinematheque and its roots go back to 1973 when the Film Museum was established by the Association of Slovenian Filmmakers (in 1979 it merged with the Theatre Museum into the Slovene Theatre and Film Museum) and was integrated in the Slovenian Cinematheque in 1996.Slovenian Cinematheque in 1996. +
A catalogue for the Venice exhibition that presented also Fritz Lang's sculptures from the year 1915. +
The Slovenian Cinematheque Museum DepartmeThe Slovenian Cinematheque Museum Department is one of the four departments of the Slovenian Cinematheque and its roots go back to 1973 when the Film Museum was established by the Association of Slovenian Filmmakers (in 1979 it merged with the Theatre Museum into the Slovene Theatre and Film Museum) and was integrated in the Slovenian Cinematheque in 1996.ted in the Slovenian Cinematheque in 1996. +
+386 / 1 434 2505 +
Ljubljana +
SI-1000 +