|Karunova 4 and 6, SI-1000 Ljubljana|
|Phone||386 (0) 1 280 1600|
|Fax||386 (0) 1 280 1605|
|Managed by||Museum and Galleries of Ljubljana|
|Municipality of Ljubljana|
|Ana Porok, Curator|
|Phone||386 (0) 1 280 1606|
The core of the collection is exhibited in the cylindrical annex which Plečnik had added to his brother's old house between 1923 and 1925. A few years later he had an entrance hall added to the northern side of the house and a winter garden to the southern side. The authentic interiors are preserved just as Plečnik created them, with his own original design of furniture and a wealth of small objects. A spacious garden completes the Plečnik property on the western side of the building.
Visitors have access to the entrance hall, corridor, kitchen, bedroom, bathroom, small reception room, spiral staircase, the master’s studio on the upper floor, and the winter garden, now functioning as a gallery for study exhibitions. Due to the intimacy of the location, visits to the house are possible only in the form of a guided tour for groups.
After Plečnik's death in 1957, the large collection of the architect's plans and correspondence was entirely preserved by his nephew municipality established the Architecture Museum of Ljubljana at the building. In 1992 most of the departments were moved to the renovated Fužine Castle, yet the Plečnik Collection remained at the Plečnik House. Since 2010 the site has been managed by Museum and Galleries of Ljubljana.. In 1970 the house was sold to the City of Ljubljana together with its contents. Two years later the city