The house where Jože Plečnik (1872–1957) lived from 1921 until his death has been restored as a museum and opened to the public in 1974. A thoroughly renovated complex that houses the Plečnik Collection as well as a new permanent exhibition and a study centre reopened in September 2015.
The two houses at Karunova ulica 4 and 6, and an adjacent garden with a lapidarium; together with the entire inventory of furniture and other objects used by Plečnik, have been managed by the Museum and Galleries of Ljubljana since 2010. The collection contains extensive archives of architect's sketches, plans, correspondences, and other documents, including the archive of Ognjišče akademikov arhitektov (Academy of Architecture Collection).
The Czech and Slovene Ministries of Culture submitted the Plečnik's urban planning and architectural works in Ljubljana and Prague on the UNESCO World Heritage tentative list in January 2015.