Gornji Grad Museum Collection is housed mainly in the Bishop's Mansion, which was built in 1517 and renovated in the 18th century. The permanent exhibition presents a religious collection (established in 1993), consisting of about 1,000 devotional cards from the 18th and 19th centuries, prayer books, paintings, porcelain sculptures, crucifixes, an exhibition of old cards and picture postcards (established in 1995) dating from before the end of the First World War, and an exhibition of old photographs and documents on the town.
The museum's second building, called Štekel and built in 1578 as a defensive entrance tower to the fortified Gornji Grad Manor House complex, houses the permanent ethnological collection, the Zadrečka pottery collection dating from 1340, the collection of watchmaker, photographer, inventor and amateur constructor of musical instruments Anton Jamnik (1862–1942), and a collection of fossils and rocks from the ancient Smrekovec volcano near Ljubno.
The collection could be visited by request (cf. mobile phone number), from April to September.