International Competition of Brass Orchestras
|Mednarodno tekmovanje pihalnih orkestrov v koncertnem igranju|
|Štefanova 5, SI-1000 Ljubljana|
|Phone||386 (0) 1 241 0500|
|Fax||386 (0) 1 241 0510|
|Managed by||Public Fund for Cultural Activities of the Republic of Slovenia|
|Igor Teršar, Director|
|Daniel Leskovic, Music Department Co-ordinator|
|Phone||386 (0) 1 241 0532|
The 1st International Competition of Brass Orchestras, "Slovenia 2000", took place in Koper in 2000 and was followed by competitions every three years in Velenje in 2004, 2010, and 2012, and Novo mesto in 2007. The 2012 competition in Velenje took place in the frame of the project Maribor, European Capital of Culture 2012. In addition to the competition programme, the 2012 event included an accompanying programme with the guest orchestras Band Musikschule from St. Stefan im Rosental, Austria; Tamburaški orkester KUD "Gaj" from Zagreb, Croatia; and Akademik Big Band from Uljanovsk, Russia.
The competition takes place in three levels of difficulty, each of them has one mandatory work and two works of choice. The organiser may grant additional prizes as deemed by the donors and organisers of the competition and also some additional, special awards in all categories.
The competition has hosted several internationally-renowned experts as jury members:, , Simon Robinson, Reinhold Rogg, Evžen Zamečnik, Tomislav Fačini, Isabelle Ruf-Weber, , Trevor J. Ford, John Alden Stanley, Siegmund Andraschek, and .
- Music Programme, Public Fund for Cultural Activities website (in Slovenian)
- Archive of past competitions on Public Fund for Cultural Activities website (in Slovenian)
- Slovene Brass Orchestra Union website (in Slovenian)
- Details of 2012 Competition on IMC Slovenija website (in Slovenian, with some English translation)
- http://arhiva.velenje.si/www3/Datoteke/2010/Letni%20kino-2010-03.pdf Program from the 2010 competition] (pdf) (in Slovenian)