|Štanjel 1, SI-6222 Štanjel|
|Phone||386 (0) 5 769 0197|
|Managed by||Goriška Museum|
|Phone||386 (0) 5 769 0056|
In the 17th century, the town of Štanjel was fortified to defend it against Ottoman raids. In 1810, the castle passed to Count Coronini and was later owned successively by Christoph de Zahony, Count Ritter, the knight Joseph Fabiani, Count Melzi, Baron Sessel, a society from Trieste headed by Captain Parisi and eventually by Camillo von Marzetini.
Between 1920 and 1935, the castle was renovated by the architect, who turned it into a multipurpose building in order to house the municipal offices of Štanjel and other public services.
Unfortunately in 1944, the castle burnt down and was heavily damaged. It has been slowly rebuilt since.
- Lojze Spacal Gallery and the Karst House, Štanjel
- Goriška Museum
- Category:Fabiani heritage
- Centre for Karst Architecture