Ivan Grohar Gallery, Škofja Loka
|Galerija Ivana Groharja, Škofja Loka|
|Mestni trg 37, SI-4220 Škofja Loka|
|Phone||386 (0) 4 517 0400|
|Fax||386 (0) 4 517 0412|
|Managed by||Loka Museum, Škofja Loka|
|Barbara Sterle Vurnik, Curator|
The gallery's programme focuses on linking tradition with recent initiatives in the visual arts, building dialogue between the centuries old Loka art legacy and fresh contemporary art. The programme consists of around 11 exhibitions each year. The intimate interior of the gallery allows presentations of individual authorial projects, the place itself is also suitable for attractive ambient and multi-media installations.
Ivan Grohar Gallery presents work by local artists as well as high-quality Slovene contemporary art; a lot of important and influential names, from old and already established artists such as Ive Šubic Colony.or to breakthrough and promising representatives of the youngest generation. It regularly features also the artworks produced at the
- Loka Museum, Škofja Loka
- France Mihelič Gallery, Škofja Loka
- Ive Šubic Colony, Škofja Loka
- More on Slovene Impressionists and their Time
- Ivan Grohar Gallery web page
- Ivan Grohar (1867–1911) on Wikipedia
- Culture.si blog post about the Slovene impressionists and their time, with a discussion about Ivan Grohar's painting Sower (1907).