Radenska Museum Collection
|Muzej Radenske, Radenci|
|Zdraviliško naselje 14, SI-9252 Radenci|
|Phone||386 (0)2 565 1889|
Mineral water was discovered at Radenci in 1833 by, a student of medicine. After a thorough analysis of the water, he returned to Radenci as a renowned doctor in 1869 where he bottled the first "Radenska Three Hearts" mineral water which was later supplied to the Emperor's court in Vienna and to the Pope's palace in Rome.
In 1882 the first guests were welcomed to the Radenci Health Resort. In July 1996 the new "Thermal Paradise" section was opened (10 outdoor and indoor pools), linked with a physiotherapy ward and all the hotels by an enclosed walkway.
Located within Marijin dom ("Mary's House"), a historic villa built as part of the spa's complex of buildings in 1894, the Radenska Museum Collection depicts the history of the Terme Radenci company which has managed the health resort since 1869, the development of the spa, and the growth of health-resort tourism. The villa has housed the Radenska Museum Collection since 1978, and both the collection and the building were renovated in 1993.
The exhibition also presents the history and development of Radenska Company and its founder. Several devices for filling and stopping bottles, as well as a presentation of filling and packaging the bottles introduce to visitors the hard work of women who worked for Radenska Company.
The museum building also contains 2 rooms with historical furniture, originating from Radenci buildings, and the spa's rich library collection mainly the legacy of its first owner.