Following World War II there were two cinemas in Kranj – Kino Kranj (a private enterprise of Valentin Hvala) and Kino Stražišče (rented by Mirko Cegnar). Both halls were nationalised and managed after 1948 by Kinopodjetje Kranj, which also opened the Partizan, one of the most beautiful open air cinemas in Slovenia. Today's Kranj cinema hall was opened in 1961. It has 472 seats and was in its day the best equipped hall in Slovenia. Kranj Cinema Centre became part of the Kolosej Cinemas group in April 2006.
Culture.si offers information on Slovene cultural producers, venues, festivals and support services, all in one place. It encourages international cultural exchange in the fields of arts, culture and heritage. The portal and its content is owned and funded by the Ministry of Culture and developed
by Ljudmila Art and Science Laboratory.