Alma M. Karlin Virtual Home
|Alma M. Karlin, virtualno domovanje|
|Mariborska 7, SI-3000 Celje|
|Phone||386 (0) 3 426 1710|
|Fax||386 (0) 3 426 1711|
|Published by||Celje Central Library|
|Polona Rifelj, Celje Central Library Director|
|Phone||386 (0) 3 426 1712|
|Marijan Pušavec, Librarian and Curator|
|Phone||386 (0) 3 426 1732|
Alma Karlin collections in Slovenia
Alma Karlin's legacy is scattered among several institutions. Most of the ethnological collection from her travels is held by the Celje Regional Museum, which also prepared an exhibition in honour of the 120th anniversary of her birth (2009–2011).
The Celje Museum of Recent History holds the Alma Karlin Fund with 850 items, mainly postwar correspondence, photographs, drawings and book covers by Alma and Thea Schreiber Gamelin as well as testimonials by people who knew her personally.
Another important collection is maintained by the NUK (National and University Library) National Manuscript Collection which contains books, magazines, posters, and manuscripts (including her hand-made dictionary of 10 languages). In 2006 NUK displayed them in an exhibition which marked the 55th anniversary of her death.
- Celje Central Library
- Celje Regional Museum
- Celje Museum of Recent History
- NUK Manuscript Collection and Early Printed Collection
- Alma Karlin Virtual Home project (in Slovenian, English and German)
- Alma Karlin on Wikipedia (in English and in German)
- Alma Karlin on DLib.si - Digital Library of Slovenia
- The Odyssey of a Lonely Woman documentary on Alma Karlin on IMDb