The Film Theatre Idrija (Filmsko gledališče Idrija) is housed in a small-scale Baroque building in the old town centre of Idrija. It was built as a theatre house as early as 1770, and considered to be the oldest such building in Slovenia. The construction of the Miners' Theatre House was financed from voluntary contributions by the mercury mine employees.
Due to reconstructions in the 20th century the interior no longer resembles the former Baroque theatre. The cinema hall is now run under the auspices of the Idrija City Library and Reading Room and is a member of Slovenia's Art Cinema Network. Along with a very diverse list of films screenings, the programme occasionally also includes theatre productions, lectures and music concerts.