After Pleteršnik's death in 1923 the estate changed several owners, the last one being Marjan Hočevar. Afterwards the house was in decay until 1993 when renovation began. The house was restored in the period style.
The homestead consists of a house, a chapel, a farm building, and a vineyard cottage. In the courtyard stands a column with Maks Pleteršnik relief. The house, built in the first quarter of the 19th century, consists of three rooms, furnished with the furniture, personal belongings, and plenty of books of Maks Pleteršnik. The cellar houses a viticulture collection. Pleteršnik's vineyard cottage, in which the writer died, is used for study visits. At the façade there is a plaque, built in 1933 by Slovenska matica, commemorating the lexicographer's birth.
The estate is becoming a centre of Pišece cultural life, with painting colony and accompanying exhibition taking place yearly as well as many literal events during the Maks Pleteršnik Days in Pišece.