The museums listed below have been founded by the Government of Slovenia. They are all administered by the Ministry of Culture except the Slovene School Museum, the oldest specialised museum in Slovenia (established in 1898), which is tied to the Ministry of Education, Science and Sport. The oldest museums in Slovenia, however, are the National Museum of Slovenia, the Slovenian Museum of Natural History, and the Slovene Ethnographic Museum that have emerged out of the Provincial Museum of Carniola, established in 1821.
Year of establishment
- Slovene Sports Museum updated 4 weeks ago
- Museum of Architecture and Design updated 6 weeks ago
- Slovene Ethnographic Museum updated 23 months ago
- Slovenian Museum of Natural History updated 23 months ago
- Slovene Museum of Christianity updated 23 months ago
- Slovenian Theatre Institute updated 23 months ago
- Slovenian Cinematheque updated 23 months ago
- National Gallery of Slovenia updated 23 months ago
- National Museum of Contemporary History updated 23 months ago
- Military Museum of Slovenian Armed Forces updated 26 months ago... further results
Pages in category "National museums"
The following 14 pages are in this category, out of 14 total.
Media in category "National museums"
The following 9 files are in this category, out of 9 total.