The Castles of Posavje
The Castles (and Monasteries) of Posavje is an informal network of six monumental and attractive venues with a rich cultural and tourist offer in the Posavje region, close to the Croatian border. Since its inception in 2014 the project aims at a sustainable development, marketing and promotion of cohesive cultural and tourist programmes in order to reach a broader national and international audience.
The project is co-ordinated by the Museum of the Posavje Region in Brežice and comprises also the Krško Culture House, Božidar Jakac Art Museum in Kostanjevica na Krki, Terme Čatež, Kozjanski Park Public Institute, and the Cultural Activities Department in the Municipality of Sevnica. In the future the network would embrace also the Pišece, Bizeljsko and Šrajbarjev turn castles managed by the Ministry of Culture and that have not been open to the public yet.
Below you can find short and reliable information on the venues. You can plan your visit or collaboration also by visiting the Castles of Posavje special website.
Articles in category "The Castles of Posavje"
The following 6 pages are in this category, out of 6 total.
Media in category "The Castles of Posavje"
The following 6 files are in this category, out of 6 total.
- Bozidar Jakac Art Museum 2007 exterior sculpture Photo Borut Peterlin.jpg 2,400 × 1,600; 2.57 MB
- Brezice Castle 2009.jpg 1,618 × 1,077; 695 KB
- Mokrice Castle 2015.jpg 2,640 × 1,760; 676 KB
- Podsreda Castle 2008.jpg 3,648 × 2,736; 2.46 MB
- Rajhenburg Castle 2015.jpg 4,771 × 3,176; 7.88 MB
- Sevnica Castle 2008.JPG 2,048 × 1,536; 1.3 MB