|Grajska cesta 1, SI-5000 Nova Gorica|
|Phone||386 (0) 5 335 9811|
|Fax||386 (0) 5 335 9820|
|Managed by||Goriška Museum|
Named after its owner Ivan Marija Coronini, who in 1609 acquired the title "von Cronberg", it is a typical Renaissance building with a square ground plan and four corner towers. The castle was severely damaged in both world wars but was renovated after each. The library, archives, and interior equipment were burnt down in fires. The castle underwent extensive renovation work after 1954, when it was dedicated to the Goriška Museum headquarters. The interior was designed by the architect .
The artworks from the middle age and Baroque period, the artworks by 19th-century painters, , and , as well as many others, are part of the art-history collection. In the gallery hall of the first floor, artworks of 20th-century artists from the Primorska region are exhibited.
A smaller lapidary of coats of arms of Gorizia noble families is arranged in the entrance hall and in the park.
The castle is surrounded by a reconstructed Baroque park and a fountain from 1774 in its centre. In the southern axis, the winter garden with a grotto and a statue of Kronos is maintained. To the west of the castle stands the falcons' tower, another fountain from 1663, and the Baroque statue of St John the Nepomuk from 1738, both were brought from other locations. In the place where the horse stables once stood is now a parking lot.