The Laško Museum was established in 1907 by the Laško Town Beautification Society on the initiative of local headmaster Karl Valentinič. The first exhibits – donations from private collections and chance archaeological finds – were presented in the Primary School and then transferred to Lily Manor. Today, the collection is housed in the former Weichselberger Mansion, once owned by the Counts of Celje. The building is first explicitly mentioned in 1506, when it was bought by judge Žiga Weichselberger. The permanent exhibitions Laško in the Course of Time, Beer-brewing and Spa Tourism and The Geology of Laško occupy the first floor, while the ground-floor space is dedicated to occasional thematic exhibitions based on the museum's rich document and photography archives and library as well as private archives.