Levstik House – Memorial Rooms of Fran Levstik and Josip Stritar
|Levstikov dom – Spominski sobi Frana Levstika in Josipa Stritarja|
|Stritarjeva 1, SI-1315 Velike Lašče|
|Phone||386 (0) 1 788 1006|
|Fax||386 (0) 1 788 1686|
The house, built after World War 2, was renovated and named after Levstik on the 150th anniversary of his birth. The memorial rooms were opened in 1986 on the occasion of the 150th anniversary of Stritar's birth.
(1831–1887) was a writer, critic, linguist and journalist. In his room we can see displayed photographs and several of his literary works along with some personal belongings. It also contains documents about the author, some of which had never before been displayed.
The Stritar Room commemorates the life and work of poet, narrative writer, dramatist, literary critic, and editor(1836–1923). His work and life are presented with photographs, a selection of literary works, and his personal library consisting of personal belongings, awards and copies of the journal [Bell], which he edited. We can also see the author's statue and original paintings from his house in Vienna. Many objects and documents have been donated by Stritar's grandchildren.
The third room is dedicated to(1508–1586), founder and the first superintendent of the Protestant Church of Slovenia, consolidator of the Slovenian language and author of the first printed book in Slovenian. The Trubar room is also used as a reading room.