RTV Slovenia Museum Collection
|Muzejska zbirka RTV Slovenija|
|Kolodvorska 2, SI-1550 Ljubljana|
|Phone||386 (0) 1 475 4445|
|Fax||386 (0) 1 475 2160|
|Managed by||Radio-Television Slovenia (RTV Slovenia)|
|Zdravko Erjavec, Museum Collection Administrator, Head of RTV Archive|
The first manager to establish the collection was RTV Slovenia, where in 2005 and 2006 the opening of the first and second part of the exhibition took place. The current venue is more accessible to the public and allows possible enlargements of the collection with more exhibits from the depo in the future., when the premises of the archive were housed at Dalmatinova Street 8 in Ljubljana. Eventually, the collection moved to its current location at the premises of
The collection of the selected technical equipment includes radios, transmitters, microphones and one of the very first television sets, originating from the 1960s. The most interesting exhibit is a marble plated carbon microphone made by Reiss which was in use at Radio Ljubljana from 1928 to 1941. The same microphone was used in October 1928 when Radio Ljubljana transmitted for the first time and when the writers Fran S. Finžgar and Oton Župančič were the first ones to be heard speaking live on the radio.
The exhibits devoted to the development of the radio present the story of the exciting and rapid growth in the mass media technology. The power of radio is symbolised with a replica of the simple transmitting equipment used by the resistance radio Kričač, the single informative illegal radio station in the occupied Europe during the World War II.
- RTV Slovenia website (in English)
- The documentary film by Slavko Hren RTV Slovenia Museum Collection, with museum collection administrator Zdravko Erjavec(in Slovenian)
- Feature film Bread and Circuces by Klemen Dvornik, inspired by a TV show on TV Ljubljana and based on a everyday life in 1987