|Rašica 69, SI-1315 Velike Lašče|
|Phone||386 (0) 1 788 1006|
|Fax||386 (0) 1 788 1686|
|Managed by||Trubarjevi kraji Public Institute|
Led by Trubarjevi kraji Public Institute, the Trubar Homestead is not actually located on the spot of Trubar's birthplace (which featured a mill as well), but a couple hundred meters lower down the stream. Nothing but some ruins remain of the actual Trubar's mill. The Temkov maln ("Temk's Mill") nevertheless seemed as good a place as any, as it dates back to approximately the time of Trubar's life and was also run by his relatives.
The mill at the Trubar Homestead is ethnologically probably its the most curious piece, being about 200 years old and the only remaining mill of the many that comprised the at one time very active local wood-cutting industry.
The homestead occasionally hosts workshops (on book printing, bookbinding and similar), painting exhibitions, theatre shows, lectures, literary evenings and and also an annual fine arts colony.
- Trubarjevi kraji Public Institute
- Turjak Castle
- Levstik House – Memorial Rooms of Fran Levstik and Josip Stritar